TRAINEE ACCOUNTANTS REQUIRED FOR OUR CARLOW AND DUBLIN OFFICES
ABOUT USLalor O’Shea McQuillan is an award-winning professional services firm with offices in Carlow and Dublin. We are currently expanding our Audit, Accounting and Tax teams by recruiting a number of trainee accountants to support these teams and their clients.
ABOUT YOUSuccessful candidates will be graduates with relevant third level qualifications who are interested in pursuing a career in accountancy. Previous experience in accounting, bookkeeping or tax would be an advantage but is not essential. You will have the full support of our qualified staff to help you gain the confidence and skills to become an experienced Chartered Accountant. You will have the choice of joining our Audit, Accounting and Tax Advisory teams in either our Carlow or Dublin office in Carrickmines (according to your preference).
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIESYou will primarily be responsible for supporting a portfolio of clients effectively and efficiently ensuring that the service we provide exceeds our company and client expectations. You will work closely with other members of the team to develop your skills and experience in the following areas:
- Preparing accounts for companies, sole traders, partnerships and other organisations
- Assisting with audit work either on client’s premises or in-house
- Preparing tax returns and computations including Corporation Tax, Income Tax, VAT, PAYE and RCT
- Bookkeeping for clients, primarily through the use of cloud-based accounting software
- Other business advisory services when necessary